Advanced Worksite Traffic Management (AWTM) Course - Face to Face
This course is being delivered online and Face to Face
The Advanced Worksite Traffic Management course provides you with the information to gain accreditation to design and create traffic management plans here in Western Australia. The accreditation is issued by Main Roads WA and delivered by Perth Traffic Training in partnership and on behalf of Star Training and Assessing RTO 21830
To gain the Main Roads WA Advanced Worksite Traffic Management accreditation you must successfully complete the following units -
RIICWD503E Prepare workzone traffic management plan and
RIIRIS402E Carry out the risk management process.
Online including a virtual classroom using Zoom and downloadable theory notes with online and face to face assessments.
Students will require the following (for online delivery)
- Laptop, PC, Mac or tablet with internet connection.
- Web camera
- Headphones (optional)
- Access to a printer if they wish to print off course notes. All course information can be read online on your device.
- Ability to read and use PDF and Microsoft Office documents on your device
- Copy of AS1742.3 Manual of uniform traffic control devices traffic control for works on roads
- Main Roads WA Traffic Management for works on roads Code of Practice https://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/Documents/Traffic%20Management%20for%20Works%20on%20Roads%20Code%20of%20Practice%20-%20January%202020.RCN-D19%5E231090109.PDF
- Planning software uploaded to their device - We use Rapidplan and a 6 week student subscription can be purchased for $99 plus GST at this link -https://rapidplan.com/n/EC4FYXMU
- A link to the Zoom virtual classroom will be emailed just prior to the course
Days 1 - 4
Day 5 Student time
Day 6 (Saturday) 8am to 12pm (Face to Face class to work on assessments with extra expert tutoring. Metro and surrounding areas. Regional areas TBA. Please contact us.)
Some students may be required to provide some post course work to complete their assessments.
This course attracts the Construction Training Fund subsidy for eligible participants.
Subsidised price $478.50
In order to qualify for the CTF subsidy we need to provide evidence that the course participant is substantially involved in the WA construction industry. This means we require:
- Job location details commencing no later than 21 DAYS PRIOR to the commencement of the course demonstrating primary and substantial, direct involvement in WA's construction industry, specifically in on-site construction, installation and/or related activities.
- A consistent work history leading up to the course. If the jobs are only one day in duration, we need evidence of FIVE JOBS in a construction related activity. Work at a public event such as festivals, community events etc. does not qualify.
If this information cannot be provided, then unfortunately we are unable to offer the student the subsidised price and full payment will be required.
"The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers."
Please contact Perth Traffic Training for eligibility.
A digital photo is required before a Main Roads Traffic Management Certificate and Photographic Identity card can be issued.
- Evidence of ‘holding’ or ‘having held’ RIIWHS302D Implement a traffic management plan accreditation by providing photographic evidence of your traffic management card (both sides) and Statement of Attainment of ‘RIIWHS302D Implement a traffic management plan’, emailed or SMS (text) prior to course, unless you are a previous Perth Traffic Training/Star Training and Assessing student.
- Documentary evidence provided of having at least one (1) years’ experience in traffic management, road asset management, road safety, road design, road construction or road maintenance.
- Provide work related references or sign-off by a Team Leader or Manager.
Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Card
Provide photographic evidence of your Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Card via email prior to course.
U.S.I Unique Student Identification Number www.usi.gov.au.
Must have evidence from the usi.gov.au website of your number sent to us either by email or SMS (text) for validation, prior to course
If you do not have a U.S.I you can create one by going to www.usi.gov.au
Here are two guides to help you, just click on the links below
If you already have a USI but can't remember it go to www.usi.gov.au to find it.
Here is a guide to help you, just click on the link below.
Proof of Identity (POI)
Applicants can prove their identity with any one of the following current full POI documents:
- Photographic driver’s licence issued within Australia or from a country approved by the department of Transport
- Australian passport
- Document of identity issued by the Passport Office
- Photographic identity card issued by Main Roads, Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal, State or Territory Police Service
- WA photographic (security) licence issued by or cleared with the WA Police Service
Literacy and Numeracy
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills in the English language to complete assessments, understand traffic guidance schemes and documentation and communicate effectively in a traffic management environment. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.
Period of Accreditation
The Accreditation is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue, following which a re-application will be required.
Public Access Accreditation Listing
For the purpose of Accreditation verification, a registry of the following information will be made available on the Main Roads website for viewing by the general public.
- Graduate’s Name,
- Level of Accreditation,
- Accreditation reference number,
- Date of Accreditation and the Expiry date
What you will receive upon successful completion
RTO Statement of Attainment
MRWA Certificate of Accreditation valid for three years from date of issue
MRWA traffic management ID card with photo for three years from date of issue