Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM)/Traffic Controller (TC) REFRESHER- Sorry, January FULLY BOOKED!
Enrol with the most knowledgeable and professional Traffic Management Trainers in Western Australia, offering industry leading re-accreditation.
The Refresher Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) & Traffic Controller (TC) course is the Main Roads WA requirement for those looking to renew their accreditation to work on or near roads in Western Australia. This course provides students with all the current rules and regulations whilst giving them the opportunity to brush up on their practical skills.The BWTMT/TC Refresher course is delivered in 1 day and covers the following 2 units:
- (RIIWHS302D) Implement a traffic management plan
- (RIIWHS205D) Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
Pre-requisites (must be submitted prior to the course)
RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace (should you have completed this unit previously please submit a copy of your Statement of Attainment)
RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures (should you have completed this unit previously please submit a copy of your Statement of Attainment)
Together with the appropriate and required theory an emphasis is placed on practical on the ground training and basic traffic management implementation.
This course attracts the Construction Training Fund subsidy for eligible participants.
Subsidised price $90.00
"The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers."
Please contact Perth Traffic Training for eligibility.
In order to qualify for the CTF subsidy we need to provide evidence that the course participant is substantially involved in the WA construction industry. This means we require:
- Job location details commencing no later than 21 DAYS PRIOR to the commencement of the course demonstrating primary and substantial, direct involvement in WA's construction industry, specifically in on-site construction, installation and/or related activities.
- A consistent work history leading up to the course. If the jobs are only one day in duration, we need evidence of FIVE JOBS in a construction related activity. Work at a public event such as festivals, community events etc. does not qualify.
If this information cannot be provided, then we are unable to offer the student the subsidised price and full payment will be required.
Please click here to read genuine testimonials provided by our students.
What you need:
- A valid Worksafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training Card or Construction Induction White Card
Provide photographic evidence of your Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Card via email prior to course.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number (Haven't got one? Click here to find out to create one Already have one? Click here to find out how to retrieve it
- A recognised Drivers Licence
- Evidence of ‘holding’ or ‘having held’ RIIWHS302D Implement a traffic management plan accreditation by providing photographic evidence of your traffic management card (both sides) and Statement of Attainment of ‘RIIWHS302D Implement a traffic management plan’, emailed or SMS (text) prior to course, unless you are a previous Perth Traffic Training/Star Training and Assessing student.
- Documentary evidence provided of having at least one (1) years’ experience in traffic management, road asset management, road safety, road design, road construction or road maintenance.
- Provide work related references or sign-off by a Team Leader or Manager.
Students are required to wear appropriate clothing for the practical component of the course such as hi vis long sleeved sheet and long pants and safety boots. Please dress to the weather conditions such as a hat for warm, sunny weather and wet weather attire for wet days.
Literacy and Numeracy
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills in the English language to complete assessments, understand traffic guidance schemes and documentation and communicate effectively in a traffic management environment. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.
Main Roads WA Traffic Management Accreditation Application Information
Period of Accreditation
The Accreditation is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue, following which a re-application will be required.
Proof of Identity (POI)
Applicants can prove their identity with any one of the following current full POI documents:
- Photographic driver’s licence issued within Australia or from a a country approved by the department of Transport
- Australian passport
- Document of identity issued by the Passport Office
- Photographic identity card issued by Main Roads, Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal, State or Territory Police Service
- WA photographic (security) licence issued by or cleared with the WA Police Service
Public Access Accreditation Listing
For the purpose of Accreditation verification a registry of the following information
will be made available on the Main Roads website for viewing
by the general public. This includes
- Graduate’s Name,
- Level of Accreditation,
- Accreditation reference number,
- Date of Accreditation and the Expiry date
What you will receive upon successful completion
RTO Statement of Attainment
MRWA Certificate of Accreditation valid for three years from date of issue
MRWA traffic management ID card with photo for three years from date of issue
Perth Traffic Training are aligned with Star Training and Assessing RTO 21830