Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) Course
The Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) accreditation will enable personnel such as supervisors, team leaders and project managers to make appropriate changes to Traffic Management Plans.
The 4 day course in ‘Worksite Traffic Management’ – includes the following national unit of competency
RIIRIS402D - Carry out the risk management process
This is what a person with a WTM accreditation can do:
Review TMPs prepared by a person holding an AWTM accreditation.
Monitoring the effectiveness of, and on-site adjustments to, traffic guidance schemes in accordance with the scope and objectives of the Traffic Management Plan. This includes adjusting, adding and/or removing signs and devices where the intent/objectives of the TMP and operation of the road network are not adversely impacted.
Changes to the TMP/TGS shall not involve adding lane or road closures, speed limit changes, or adding any additional regulatory signs that have not been approved (note: WTMs may add repeater signs). - MRWA COP
Please click here to read genuine testimonials provided by our students.
This course attracts the Construction Training Fund subsidy for eligible participants.
Subsidised price $399.00
"The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers."
Please contact Perth Traffic Training for eligibility.
In order to qualify for the CTF subsidy we need to provide evidence that the course participant is substantially involved in the WA construction industry. This means we require:
- Job location details commencing no later than 21 DAYS PRIOR to the commencement of the course demonstrating primary and substantial, direct involvement in WA's construction industry, specifically in on-site construction, installation and/or related activities.
- A consistent work history leading up to the course. If the jobs are only one day in duration, we need evidence of FIVE JOBS in a construction related activity. Work at a public event such as festivals, community events etc. does not qualify.
If this information cannot be provided, then unfortunately we are unable to offer the student the subsidised price and full payment will be required.
To enrol in this course and gain Main Roads WA accreditation in Worksite Traffic Management you must have
- Evidence of accreditation in RIIWHS302D Implement a traffic management plan (BWTM)
- Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Card
Provide photographic evidence of your Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Card via email prior to course.
- Recognised Driver's Licence
- U.S.I Unique Student Identification Number www.usi.gov.au.
Must have evidence from the usi.gov.au website of your number sent to us either by email or SMS (text) for validation, prior to course
If you already have a USI but can't remember it go to www.usi.gov.au to find it.
Here is a guide to help you, just click on the link below.
- Documentary evidence provided of having at least one (1) year practical experience in traffic management; or 2 years practical experience in road construction or maintenance
Literacy and Numeracy
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills in the English language to complete assessments, understand traffic guidance schemes and documentation and communicate effectively in a traffic management environment. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.
Main Roads WA Traffic Management Accreditation Application Information
Period of Accreditation
The Accreditation is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue, following which a re-application will be required.
Proof of Identity (POI)
Applicants can prove their identity with any one of the following current full POI documents:
- Photographic driver’s licence issued within Australia or from a a country approved by the department of Transport
- Australian passport
- Document of identity issued by the Passport Office
- Photographic identity card issued by Main Roads, Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal, State or Territory Police Service
- WA photographic (security) licence issued by or cleared with the WA Police Service
Public Access Accreditation Listing
For the purpose of Accreditation verification a registry of the following information
will be made available on the Main Roads website for viewing
by the general public. This includes
- Graduate’s Name,
- Level of Accreditation,
- Accreditation reference number,
- Date of Accreditation and the Expiry date
What you will receive upon successful completion
RTO Statement of Attainment
MRWA Certificate of Accreditation valid for three years from date of issue
MRWA traffic management ID card with photo for three years from date of issue
Dates and times subject to change without notice
Perth Traffic Training are aligned with Star Training and Assessing RTO 21830