Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) Course
Enrol with the most knowledgeable and qualified Traffic Management Trainers in Western Australia, offering industry leading accreditation and experience.
The Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) & Traffic Controller (TC) course is the Main Roads WA accreditation required to work on or near roads in Western Australia. This course gives you the skills and knowledge to implement a traffic management plan and control traffic.
The BWTM/TC Course is delivered over two days and covers the three units below -
- (RIIWHS302D) Implement a traffic management plan
- (RIICOM201D) Communicate in the workplace
- (RIIWHS201D) Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Students are trained in traffic management by the highest qualified traffic management trainers in Western Australia. We are Independent Traffic Management Auditors with extensive day to day experience on the road. Together with the appropriate and required theory an emphasis is placed on practical on the ground training and basic traffic management implementation.
Please click here to read genuine testimonials provided by our students.
This course attracts the Construction Training Fund subsidy for eligible participants.
Subsidised price $90.00
"The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers."
Please contact Perth Traffic Training for eligibility.
In order to qualify for the CTF subsidy we need to provide evidence that the course participant is substantially involved in the WA construction industry. This means we require:
- Job location details commencing no later than 21 DAYS PRIOR to the commencement of the course demonstrating primary and substantial, direct involvement in WA's construction industry, specifically in on-site construction, installation and/or related activities.
- A consistent work history leading up to the course. If the jobs are only one day in duration, we need evidence of FIVE JOBS in a construction related activity. Work at a public event such as festivals, community events etc. does not qualify.
If this information cannot be provided, then unfortunately we are unable to offer the student the subsidised price and full payment will be required.
Student Pre-requisites -
Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Card
Provide photographic evidence of your Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Training Card via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to course.
U.S.I Unique Student Identification Number www.usi.gov.au.
Must have evidence from the usi.gov.au website of your number sent to us either by email (email@example.com) or SMS (text) (0427 268 882) for validation, prior to course.
If you do not have a U.S.I you can create one by going to www.usi.gov.au
Here are two guides to help you, just click on the links below
If you already have a USI but can't remember it go to www.usi.gov.au to find it.
Here is a guide to help you, just click on the link below.
This accreditation is valid for three years for use anywhere in the state of Western Australia.
Literacy and Numeracy
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills in the English language to complete assessments, understand traffic guidance schemes and documentation and communicate effectively in a traffic management environment. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.
Main Roads WA Traffic Management Accreditation Application Information
Period of Accreditation
The Accreditation is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue, following which a re-application will be required.
Proof of Identity (POI)
Applicants can prove their identity with any one of the following current full POI documents:
- Photographic driver’s licence issued within Australia or from a a country approved by the department of Transport
- Australian passport
- Document of identity issued by the Passport Office
- Photographic identity card issued by Main Roads, Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal, State or Territory Police Service
- WA photographic (security) licence issued by or cleared with the WA Police Service
Public Access Accreditation Listing
For the purpose of Accreditation verification a registry of the following information
will be made available on the Main Roads website for viewing
by the general public. This includes
- Graduate’s Name,
- Level of Accreditation,
- Accreditation reference number,
- Date of Accreditation and the Expiry date
What you will receive upon successful completion
RTO Statement of Attainment
MRWA Certificate of Accreditation valid for three years from date of issue
MRWA traffic management ID card with photo for three years from date of issue
Perth Traffic Training in partnership with aligned with Star Training and Assessing RTO 21830
Dates and times subject to change without notice