Basic Worksite Traffic Management Refresher
Enrol with the most knowledgeable and qualified Traffic Management Trainers in Western Australia, offering industry leading accreditation
Your Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) Main Roads WA accreditation required to work on or near roads in Western Australia MUST BE RENEWED EVERY THREE YEARS. This course gives you the skills and knowledge to implement a traffic management plan and setup signage and update you on any relevant changes in industry in regards to regulations and legislation. This refresher is NOT for those controlling traffic with a stop/slow bat.
PLEASE NOTE – IF YOUR BASIC WORKSITE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT ACCREDITATION HAS EXPIRED MORE THAN THREE MONTHS AGO YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RESIT THE FULL COURSE. THIS IS A REQUIREMENT OF MAIN ROADS WA.
The BWTM Refresher course is delivered in 1 day and covers the following 3 units:
- (RIIWHS302E) Implement a traffic management plan
- (RIICOM201D) Communicate in the workplace
- (RIIWHS201D) Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Students are trained in traffic management by the highest qualified traffic management trainers in Western Australia. We are Independent Traffic Management Auditors with extensive day to day experience on the road. Together with the appropriate and required theory an emphasis is placed on practical on the ground training and basic traffic management implementation.
Please click here to read genuine testimonials provided by our students.
This course attracts the Construction Training Fund subsidy for eligible participants.
Subsidised price $90.00
"The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers."
Please contact Perth Traffic Training for eligibility.
In order to qualify for the CTF subsidy we need to provide evidence that the course participant is substantially involved in the WA construction industry. This means we require:
- Job location details commencing no later than 21 DAYS PRIOR to the commencement of the course demonstrating primary and substantial, direct involvement in WA's construction industry, specifically in on-site construction, installation and/or related activities.
- A consistent work history leading up to the course. If the jobs are only one day in duration, we need evidence of FIVE JOBS in a construction related activity. Work at a public event such as festivals, community events etc. does not qualify.
If this information cannot be provided, then unfortunately we are unable to offer the student the subsidised price and full payment will be required.
What you need:
- A valid Worksafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training Card or Construction Induction White Card
Provide photographic evidence of your Construction White Card / Safety Awareness Card via email prior to course.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number (Haven't got one? Click here)
Must have evidence from the usi.gov.au website of your number sent to us either by email or SMS (text) for validation, prior to course
If you already have a USI but can't remember it go to www.usi.gov.au to find it.
Here is a guide to help you, just click on the link below.
- A valid Drivers Licence
- Your current Basic Worksite Traffic Management accreditation (up to three months after expiry date)
Students are required to wear appropriate clothing to this course.
This accreditation is valid for three years for use anywhere in the state of Western Australia.
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills in the English language to complete assessments, understand traffic guidance schemes and documentation and communicate effectively in a traffic management environment. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.
Main Roads WA Traffic Management Accreditation Application Information
Period of Accreditation
The Accreditation is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue, following which a re-application will be required.
Proof of Identity (POI)
Applicants can prove their identity with any one of the following current full POI documents:
- Photographic driver’s licence issued within Australia or from a a country approved by the department of Transport
- Australian passport
- Document of identity issued by the Passport Office
- Photographic identity card issued by Main Roads, Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal, State or Territory Police Service
- WA photographic (security) licence issued by or cleared with the WA Police Service
Public Access Accreditation Listing
For the purpose of Accreditation verification a registry of the following information
will be made available on the Main Roads website for viewing
by the general public. This includes
- Graduate’s Name,
- Level of Accreditation,
- Accreditation reference number,
- Date of Accreditation and the Expiry date
What you will receive upon successful completion
RTO Statement of Attainment
MRWA Certificate of Accreditation valid for three years from date of issue
MRWA traffic management ID card with photo for three years from date of issue
Perth Traffic Training Perth Traffic Training in partnership with with Star Training and Assessing RTO 21830