Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) and Traffic Controller (TC) Course With CONSTRUCTION WHITE CARD - 3 days
The Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) & Traffic Controller (TC) course is the Main Roads WA accreditation required to work on or near roads in Western Australia. This course gives you the skills and knowledge to implement a traffic management plan and control traffic plus...
The Construction White Card
(CPCCWHS1001) – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
The OSH Regulations 1996 set out mandatory requirements for the provision of construction safety induction training, for employees or self-employed people doing construction work at a workplace in Western Australia
The BWTMT/TC course is delivered over 3 days and covers the following 4 units:
- (RIIWHS302D) - Implement a traffic management plan
- (RIIWHS205D) - Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
- (RIICOM201D) - Communicate in the workplace
- (RIIWHS201D) - Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Students are trained in traffic management by the highest qualified traffic management trainers in Western Australia. We are Independent Traffic Management Auditors with extensive day to day experience on the road. Together with the appropriate and required theory an emphasis is placed on practical on the ground training and basic traffic management implementation.
Please click here to read genuine testimonials provided by our students.
What you need:
- A valid Worksafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training Card or Construction Induction White Card - included in this course
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number (Haven't got one? Click here to find how to create one. Already have one? Click here to find out how to retrieve it )
- A valid Drivers Licence
Students are required to wear appropriate clothing for the practical component of the course such as hi vis long sleeved sheet and long pants and safety boots. Please dress to the weather conditions such as a hat for warm, sunny weather and wet weather attire for wet days.
This accreditation is valid for three years for use anywhere in the state of Western Australia.
Our points of difference
- We are Independent Traffic Management Roadworks Auditors and deliver the Main Roads WA accredited training ourselves. So you know you are getting the best.
- We don't hire trainers we deliver the training ourselves and are the highest qualified in W.A so we are able to offer affordable courses.
- Our service continues after you have completed your course. We give you the ability to access our knowledge when you are out onsite and need advice.
- We specialise in traffic management training. Sorry we don't do forklift, chainsaw or truck driving training. Our expertise is in Traffic Management.
- More and more Traffic Management companies are sending their personnel to us for training
- Training shows you HOW but we go further to educate you in WHY
- Read our genuine testimonials provided by our students
Literacy and Numeracy
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills in the English language to complete assessments, understand traffic guidance schemes and documentation and communicate effectively in a traffic management environment. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.
Main Roads WA Traffic Management Accreditation Application Information
Period of Accreditation
The Accreditation is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue, following which a re-application will be required.
Proof of Identity (POI)
Applicants can prove their identity with any one of the following current full POI documents:
- Photographic driver’s licence issued within Australia or from a a country approved by the department of Transport
- Australian passport
- Document of identity issued by the Passport Office
- Photographic identity card issued by Main Roads, Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal, State or Territory Police Service
- WA photographic (security) licence issued by or cleared with the WA Police Service
Public Access Accreditation Listing
For the purpose of Accreditation verification a registry of the following information
will be made available on the Main Roads website for viewing
by the general public. This includes
- Graduate’s Name,
- Level of Accreditation,
- Accreditation reference number,
- Date of Accreditation and the Expiry date
What you will receive upon successful completion
RTO Statement of Attainment
MRWA Certificate of Accreditation valid for three years from date of issue
MRWA traffic management ID card with photo for three years from date of issue
Perth Traffic Training in partnership with aligned with Star Training and Assessing RTO 21830
"The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers."
Please contact Perth Traffic Training for eligibility.