Online Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM)/Traffic Controller (TC) REFRESHER - Coming Shortly! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest
Our face to face training has gone on hold for the time being AND shortly we will be delivering ONLINE version courses so you can learn from wherever you like!
Email us at email@example.com to register your interest
Please read the following important information
COVID-19 Impact on Temporary Traffic Management
Main Roads acknowledges the widespread concern regarding COVID-19 and the challenges this health issue poses to the temporary traffic management industry.
Training and Accreditation
The expiry date of all traffic management accreditations that expired, or are due to expire, from 1 March 2020 to 30 June 2020 will be extended on the Main Roads database for 3 months. This will allow individuals unable to attend refresher training, due to the impact of COVID-19, to continue with their traffic management duties. This will also allow Main Roads, and training providers, time to prepare for the below two initiatives:
Austroads Guide to Temporary Traffic Management (AGTTM)
The adoption of the AGTTM in Western Australia will be postponed to February 2021.
Temporary Traffic Management Site Meetings
Main Roads encourages all traffic management practitioners keep up to date and follow the recommendations of the State and Federal governments, including social distancing. For example, where possible and practical, site meetings should be conducted using teleconferencing.
Dates and times subject to change without notice – please check website for current dates
Enrol with the most knowledgeable and qualified Traffic Management Trainers in Western Australia, offering industry leading accreditation.
The Refresher Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) & Traffic Controller (TC) course is the Main Roads WA requirement for those looking to renew their accreditation to work on or near roads in Western Australia. This course provides students with all the current rules and regulations whilst giving them the opportunity to brush up on their practical skills.The BWTMT/TC Refresher course is delivered in 1 day and covers the following 4 units:
- (RIIWHS302D) Implement a traffic management plan
- (RIIWHS205D) Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
- (RIICOM201D) Communicate in the workplace
- (RIIWHS201D) Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Students are trained in traffic management by the highest qualified traffic management trainers in Western Australia. We are Independent Traffic Management Auditors with extensive day to day experience on the road. Together with the appropriate and required theory an emphasis is placed on practical on the ground training and basic traffic management implementation.
Please click here to read genuine testimonials provided by our students.
What you need:
- A valid Worksafe WA Construction Safety Awareness Training Card or Construction Induction White Card
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number (Haven't got one? Click here to find out to create one Already have one? Click here to find out how to retrieve it
- A valid Drivers Licence
Students are required to wear appropriate clothing for the practical component of the course such as hi vis long sleeved sheet and long pants and safety boots. Please dress to the weather conditions such as a hat for warm, sunny weather and wet weather attire for wet days.
Our points of difference
- We are Independent Traffic Management Roadworks Auditors and deliver the Main Roads WA accredited training ourselves. So you know you are getting the best.
- We don't hire trainers so we are able to offer one of the most inexpensive courses in W.A
- Our service continues after you have completed your course. We give you the ability to access our knowledge when you are out onsite and need advice.
- We specialise in traffic management training. Sorry we don't do forklift, chainsaw or truck driving training. Our expertise is in Traffic Management.
- More and more Traffic Management companies are sending their personnel to us for training
- Training shows you HOW but we go further to educate you in WHY
Literacy and Numeracy
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills in the English language to complete assessments, understand traffic guidance schemes and documentation and communicate effectively in a traffic management environment. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.
Main Roads WA Traffic Management Accreditation Application Information
Period of Accreditation
The Accreditation is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of issue, following which a re-application will be required.
Proof of Identity (POI)
Applicants can prove their identity with any one of the following current full POI documents:
- Photographic driver’s licence issued within Australia or from a a country approved by the department of Transport
- Australian passport
- Document of identity issued by the Passport Office
- Photographic identity card issued by Main Roads, Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal, State or Territory Police Service
- WA photographic (security) licence issued by or cleared with the WA Police Service
Public Access Accreditation Listing
For the purpose of Accreditation verification a registry of the following information
will be made available on the Main Roads website for viewing
by the general public. This includes
- Graduate’s Name,
- Level of Accreditation,
- Accreditation reference number,
- Date of Accreditation and the Expiry date
What you will receive upon successful completion
RTO Statement of Attainment
MRWA Certificate of Accreditation valid for three years from date of issue
MRWA traffic management ID card with photo for three years from date of issue
Perth Traffic Training are aligned with Star Training and Assessing RTO 21830
"The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers."
Please contact Perth Traffic Training for eligibility.